Thursday, January 20, 2005

On Commuting

In the last 2 days, I count 3 fur coats on the subway while commuting. 3. I am not completely opposed to fur coats. I imagine if an Inuit had the choice between killing that bear attacking his family and using the fur for warmth cause Canada's so fucking cold, or, letting the bear ravage his family while he downed the last of the grog for warmth... yeah, I'd have a hard time objecting. As a vanity, though? Nope. Being passed off as a vanity despite wearing it on the subway? Yeah, lady, not a chance.

3 trains are faster than one. Convenience sucks anyway.

Apparently, subway commuters only read assignment paperbacks and Danielle Steele novels. I may take up reading as well.

Good looking women do not ride the subway between 10PM and 7AM. Ever. Not once. Apparently, they either keep a curfew, or simply know what hours I intend to ride the subway.

Whatever happened to the those people hocking batteries for a dollar?

Or the accordion guy with the pole holding him up?

I imagine the D train over the Manhattan bridge at night could be the most romantic subway experience you'll have on a New York City subway. I imagine being raped by a homeless man in the old City Hall station could be the worst.

Dirty people sure do like heavy metal t-shirts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, if this job deal falls through, at least the spot for blind accordion guy is open.